- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The crew of the Millennium Falcon is reporting for duty.
The spinoff takes place before the events of 1977’s Star Wars: A New Hope and stars Alden Ehrenreich as Han Solo, Donald Glover as a young Lando Calrissian, as well as Emilia Clarke, Woody Harrelson in a mentor role and Phoebe Waller-Bridge. Also pictured are directors Phil Lord and Christopher Miller, as well as Joonas Suotamo as Chewbacca (he doubled as the Wookiee in Star Wars: The Force Awakens). Not pictured, but also in the cast, is Thandie Newton.
On Jan. 30, the directors teased the project with a Greedo shoutout. Filming officially began Monday at Pinewood Studios, London.
“Watching such inspired people from all over the world, with such unique voices, come together for the sole purpose of making art, is nothing short of miraculous,” Lord and Miller said in a statement. “We can’t think of anything funny to say, because we just feel really moved, and really lucky.”
The untitled film hits theaters May 25, 2018.
— Star Wars (@starwars) February 21, 2017
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Sundance Film Festival
THR Cover Story