- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Donald Faison is in negotiations to join the cast of Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall.
Matthew Vaughn’s MARV Films is financing the project, just like it did the first movie. Universal will distribute domestically.
Vaughn, who directed the first movie, is a producer on this one, with Jeff Wadlow in the director’s chair.
Aaron Johnson and Chloe Moretz are reprising their roles of Kick-Ass and Hit-Girl respectively. Christopher Mintz-Plasse is coming back as the villainous Red Mist.
The movie will adapt the recent Kick-Ass 2 comic mini-series as well as Hit Girl, which is in the middle of its run. Mark Millar and John Romita Jr. write and draw the comics.
Faison will play Dr. Gravity, a copy writer by day who dresses up as a superhero by night and wants to start a start a hero group called Justice Forver.
Faison, who was one of the stars of TV’s Scrubs, is back on the small-screen with TV Land’s The Exes. He is repped by APA. and Fuller Downs.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Behind The Screen
THR Cover Story
Tribeca Film Festival