- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Go (back) to hell!
Bethesda and id Software on Sunday brought the carnage to E3, debuting gameplay footage for their latest entry in the hellbound first-person shooter Doom franchise, Doom Eternal. It also has a release date: Nov. 22.
Bethesda made Doom Eternal the centerpiece of its press conference, showing off the title on their new streaming technology, Orion, debuting a new trailer for the game and exhibiting gameplay for the crowd gathered at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles. Those in the theater had a chance to play the game after the showcase.
The studio first teased the game at last year’s E3 press conference, signaling a return of the series’ main protagonist, affectionately known by fans of the franchise as “Doom Guy.”
Doom Eternal serves as a direct sequel to the 2016 series reboot. That entry, titled simply Doom, was well received both critically and commercially, garnering multiple game of the year nominations and selling over 2 million copies on PC alone.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
Box Office: ‘Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny’ Tracking for $60M-$70M Debut
Donald Glover, Jason Momoa and More Reach Out to Future Generation About Climate Concerns in ‘Common Ground’ Documentary Clip
Emma Stone Reveals More of Her Frankenstein in Yorgos Lanthimos’ ‘Poor Things’ Trailer