- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Hot Stuff is based on the classic comic character Hot Stuff the Little Devil published by Harvey Comics starting in 1957. He was part of Harvey’s lineup that included Casper the Friendly Ghost and Wendy the Good Little Witch. (Harvey was also behind Richie Rich.)
DWA acquired him in 2011 when it bought Classic Media, the modern-day owner of the Harvey properties.
Hot Stuff is a little devil demon child, still in a diaper, who loves to cause trouble. He also can’t help but perform good deeds, which annoys other devils.
Plot details for the Molyneux duo’s take were not revealed but some sources say the project would be a live-action/CG hybrid, a first for DWA; the latter had no comment.
The Molyneux sisters are best known for writing Bob’s Burgers, the Fox primetime animated series, and have an overall deal with 20th Century Fox Television. On the movie side, they wrote The Day I Turned Uncool for Paramount and their script My Sister Is Marrying a Douchebag landed on the 2009 Black List.
Both are repped by WME, Kaplan/Perrone Entertainment and Morris Yorn.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day