- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
17 years after Sylvester Stallone and Diane Lane attempted to bring John Wagner’s iconic comic book character Judge Dredd to life on the big screen, Karl Urban and director Pete Travis are set to try again with Dredd. Distributor Lionsgate unveiled a new poster for the film Monday in advance of the film’s September 21, 2012 opening, accompanied by two new stills from the sci-fi opus.
Urban plays the title character, a no-nonsense lawbringer assigned to evaluate a rookie cop named Cassandra Anderson (Olivia Thirlby). Investigating an heinous crime, the pair are called to a fortresslike tenement that most cops won’t dare enter, eventually apprehending a member of the inner circle of prostitute-turned-druglord Ma-Ma’s (Lena Headey) operation. Ma-Ma soon forces them to fight for their lives as she takes over the command center of the building and sets loose its inhabitants on the two officers.
Take a look at the poster above, and a pair of images below. Dredd opens nationwide September 21, 2012.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Sundance Film Festival