- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Dwayne Johnson is attached to star in MGM’s action project Seal Team 666.
Johnson will also executive produce the feature along with Dany Garcia, as well as Brendan Deneen and Peter Joseph of Macmillan Films.
Based on the book by Weston Ochse, the project follows an elite group of Navy SEALs who battle demons and assorted threats and discover that there’s a greater supernatural force bent on destroying the world.
Evan Spiliotopoulos, who penned MGM’s upcoming Johnson-starring action adventure movie Hercules, wrote the screenplay for the adaptation.
Hiram Garcia, a former assistant to Johnson, will produce Seal Team 666, which is in development and has no director at this stage.
Johnson recently wrapped Hercules, directed by Brett Ratner, and the movie is set for a July 25, 2014, release. The actor, repped by WME and Gang Tyre, is now shooting Fast & Furious 7.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day