- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It isn’t easy when your best friend is a giant gorilla that everyone seems to want to kill.
Luckily, Dwayne Johnson is up for the challenge, as the new trailer for the video game adaptation Rampage shows his character, primatologist Davis Okoye, attempting to save a gorilla named George (Jason Liles, in a mo-cap performance), who is growing ever-larger after a science experiment gone wrong. Soon, Davis learns other animals have been infected and are tearing up cities across North America. The only hope is an antidote that Davis must deliver.
Rampage is based on the 1980s arcade game of the same name in which players controlled giant animals destroying city landscapes. The film also stars Naomie Harris, Malin Akerman, Jake Lacy, Joe Manganiello and Jeffrey Dean Morgan.
Director Brad Peyton (San Andreas) is at the helm of the Warner Bros. feature, which is set for an April 20 release.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
THR Cover Story