- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Maze Runner star Dylan O’Brien is in final negotiations to topline Monster Problems, a post-apocalyptic love story from Paramount Players.
Shawn Levy’s 21 Laps is producing the feature project, which rising South African director Michael Matthews recently boarded. Matthews is the filmmaker behind the neo-Western Five Fingers for Marseilles.
The project is described as being a Zombieland road pic crossed with the stylings of a John Hughes teen movie, telling the story of a guy who has to survive a monsterpocalypse in order to be with the girl of his dreams.
O’Brien starred in the trio of Maze Runner films, Fox’s adaptation of the post-apocalyptic YA novels. The actor also starred on MTV’s Teen Wolf series and last year starred in the gritty American Assassin thriller. He is repped by WME, Principal Entertainment and Lichter Grossman.
Matthews is repped by WME.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day