- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
You’ve become addicted to the game, and starting in June, you’ll be able to become addicted to the comic book, as Dynamite Entertainment launches Doodle Jump Comics, written by Meredith Gran with art by Steve Uy.
Gran, whose work includes BOOM Studios’ Adventure Time: Marceline and the Scream Queens in addition to her ongoing Octopus Pie webcomic, said that the series has “taken some fun elements from the game and created a cool world for the characters to play in,” calling the end result “quite charming.”
Editor Rich Young agrees, saying that “one of the most exciting things about these comics is the opportunity to tell the Doodler’s backstory for the very first time. You have this totally unique game with so many fans around the globe, but there’s never been any background offered for its hip little world and the clever characters that inhabit it … until now!”
Lima Sky’s Doodle Jump game was originally released in 2009 and has been downloaded more than 15 million times across multiple platforms, becoming the all-time No. 3 paid app for the iPad, as well as winning an Apple Design Award. Dynamite’s Doodle Jump Comics will be released in comic book stores and digitally June 18.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day