- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Edward James Olmos is suiting up for The Predator, Shane Black’s reboot of 20th Century Fox’s sci-fi action franchise.
The movie is shooting in Vancouver with Boyd Holbrook leading a cast that also includes Room breakout Jacob Tremblay, Keegan-Michael Key, Trevante Rhodes, Thomas Jane, Alfie Allen, Yvonne Strahovski and Olivia Munn.
The movie once again features unsuspecting humans who slowly realize that fierce hunter-aliens are in their midst, this time in a suburban setting.
Olmos will play a military character.
Black is directing from a script he co-wrote with Fred Dekker.
Olmos is a veteran actor who made his mark playing a detective in the 1980s version of Miami Vice and in the acclaimed re-imagining of Battlestar Galactica, the Syfy show in the early 2000s in which he played Commander Adama.
The actor, who did a recent stint on Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD, is coming off of shooting Blade Runner 2049 in which he reprises his character from the classic 1982 Ridley Scott movie. And is due to appear in the pilot for Mayans MC, FX’s hoped-for Sons of Anarchy spinoff series.
Olmos is repped by CAA and Untitled Entertainment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day