- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Emma Stone is in early negotiations to portray the iconic Disney villainess Cruella de Vil in the film Cruella, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The project, Disney’s live-action re-imagining of the 101 Dalmatians character, has no director but it is a priority for the studio which is hoping to shoot the film later this year.
Kelly Marcel is writing the script which is intended to be an origin story of the character. Aline Brosh McKenna worked on an early version of the script.
Andrew Gunn is producing. Kristin Burr and Jessica Virtue are overseeing for the studio.
De Vil is the villain who was obsessed with capturing the dalmatians in the 1961 animated classic, intent on having their hides. Glenn Close played her in the 1996 live-action film produced by John Hughes that the character her the head of a fashion house.
Stone last appeared in Aloha and next stars in Damien Chazelle’s La La Land, in which she reteams with Ryan Gosling. She is repped by WME and Anonymous Content.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Walking Dead
London Film Festival