- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Emma Thompson is returning to the world of Men In Black.
The actress is joining Chris Hemsworth and Tessa Thompson in Sony’s Men in Black reboot that is set to begin production this month in London.
Liam Neeson and Kumail Nanjiani are also part of the big-name cast, as is Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom bad guy Rafe Spall and star street-dancing duo Les Twins, aka Laurent Nicolas Bourgeois and Larry Nicolas Bourgeois,
Plot and character details are largely being kept secret, but it is known that Thompson will reprise the role of Agent O, the chief of the Men in Black organization.
The spinoff featuring alien-fighting and world-saving heroes is designed to relaunch the Men in Black film franchise — which began with the 1997 original and included sequels in 2002 and 2012 — on a bigger and more global scale.
Fate of the Furious filmmaker F. Gary Gray is directing the project, which was penned by Iron Man screenwriters Matt Holloway and Art Marcum. The studio has the film dated for a June 14, 2019, release.
Thompson, whose recent credits include Beauty and the Beast and The Meyerowitz Stories (New and Selected), recently wrapped Late Night, a comedy written by and co-starring Mindy Kaling.
Thompson is repped by CAA and Hamilton Hodell in the U.K.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day