- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Shameless star Emmy Rossum is in final negotiations to join the cast of the supernatural love story Beautiful Creatures, Alcon’s adaptation of the young-adult novel by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. Richard LaGravanese wrote the adaptation and is directing.
Rossum joins Emma Thompson, Viola Davis and relative newcomers Jack O’Connell and Alice Englert in coming-of-age story about two star-crossed teens — one a local boy, the other a mysterious new girl — who uncover dark secrets about their families, their history and their town.
Rossum will play Ridley, Englert’s cousin who became a dark witch on her 16th birthday, turning the girls into enemies.
Filming will begin in April in New Orleans.
Alcon’s Broderick Johnson and Andrew Kosove are producing, as is Erwin Stoff and Molly Smith.
Rossum, a key player on Showtime’s Shameless, has appeared in such films as Poseidon and The Day After Tomorrow. She is repped by ICM and The Schiff Co.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
No Time to Die