- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Eva Green is in talks to reunite with director Tim Burton for Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children.
The Fox film, set for release on July 31, 2015, is based on Ransom Riggs‘ YA novel, which follows a teenage boy who is transported to an island where he must help protect a group of orphans with special powers from creatures out to destroy them.
X-Men: First Class writer Jane Goldman adapted the script based on Riggs’ debut novel, which hit stores in 2011. Peter Chernin’s Chernin Entertainment is producing.
Green, who would play the headmistress of the orphanage, previously worked with Burton on 2012’s Dark Shadows.
The actress currently stars on Showtime’s Penny Dreadful. Her previous film work includes 300: Rise of an Empire, and the upcoming White Bird in a Blizzard and Sin City: A Dame to Kill For. She’s repped by UTA and Tavistock Wood Management in the U.K.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Behind The Screen