- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Evangeline Lilly is in early talks to star as the female lead in Marvel’s Ant-Man.
If a deal is made, the actress, best known for her work in TV’s Lost, would star opposite Paul Rudd as the title hero with the ability to shrink to down to insect size. The movie is being directed by Edgar Wright.
Also cast so far are Michael Douglas, playing classic Marvel character Dr. Hank Pym, the inventor of the shrinking technology, and Michael Pena, in an undisclosed role.
It is unclear who Lilly would play but it is not intended to be a one-off appearance.
Ant-Man has a release date of July 17, 2015.
Lilly broke though with her role as Kate in ABC’s Lost, where she was part of a love triangle with actors Matthew Fox and Josh Holloway. She appeared briefly in The Hurt Locker, acted opposite Hugh Jackman in Real Steel, and most recently proved that female elves are just as deadly as male ones when she portrayed Tauriel in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug.
She is repped by Silver Lining Entertainment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day