- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The film consists of three stories centered on relations between father and son, set in different time periods: toward the end of World War II, during the fall of the Berlin Wall and shortly after the breakdown of Yugoslavia in the early 1990s.
In each of the stories, father and son find themselves in characteristic, borderline situations, in which they begin to question their own existence. They are forced to make decisions that will irreversibly change their lives.
Neverending Past is Martinovic’s debut feature. The film premiered at the Montreal World Film Festival in September 2018 and was later screened at the Belgrade film festival in February 2019. It was released theatrically in Montenegro on April 19.
The feature was co-produced by Artikulacija and Zillion Films.
Neverending Past is Montenegro’s sixth entry in the best international feature Oscar race since 2013. So far, the country hasn’t received a nomination or won a statuette.
The 92nd Academy Awards take place on Feb. 9, 2020.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day