- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ericsson is a new global partner in 20th Century Fox’s Innovation Lab, an R&D initiative aimed at next-generation content and devices, particularly in the areas of mobile as well as 4K Ultra HD with high dynamic range and virtual reality/augmented reality/mixed reality.
An Ericsson mobility report published in November projects that by 2021, video will account for around 70 percent of all traffic on mobile networks. According to the companies, Ericsson will work with the Fox Innovation Lab to address this area.
“Together we’ll push boundaries that enable the development of cutting-edge mobile content,” Hanno Basse, CTO at Fox and managing director of the Fox Innovation Lab, said in a statement.
Added Per Borgklint, senior vp and head of business unit support solutions at Ericsson, “We look forward to jointly developing new video technologies and experiences that engage viewers in a much more compelling way.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day