- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Russo Bros. have one more trick up their sleeve as their Avengers: Endgame prepares to hit theaters Thursday night.
Boseman plays a detective whose police officer father was killed in the line of duty decades earlier. When eight police officers are gunned down during a robbery, the detective makes the decision to cut off the isle of Manhattan so that the perpetrators won’t be able to escape.
The cast also includes Sienna Miller, Stephan James, Keith David with Taylor Kitsch and J.K. Simmons. 21 Bridges is from director Brian Kirk, who has helmed episodes of HBO’s Game of Thrones and Showtime’s Penny Dreadful. Mike Larocca, Gigi Pritzker, Boseman and Logan Coles produce alongside the Russos.
Boseman touted the film earlier this month at CinemaCon in Las Vegas, where he recalled shadowing real-life LAPD and NYPD officers for the role.
“At times it was a lot of fun hanging out with them; at other times it was horrific, some of the things you experience,” Boseman said. “One of the things they talked about a lot was how the job affects them personally — how the job takes over their entire lives, and I think that’s an element of this film that we try to stay true to.”
21 Bridges opens July 12.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Green Knight