- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
After bringing in almost $180 million worldwide, 21 Jump Street is set to continue its runaway success on home video starting in June.
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment announced Tuesday that the comedy, directed by Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs helmers Phil Lord and Chris Miller, is scheduled for release on June 26, 2012. Available on DVD and Blu-ray, the film is accompanied by an expansive slate of extras as well as a digital copy for fans to download for their mobile devices.
Released in March, 21 Jump Street stars Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum as high school enemies who become buddies at their police academy, and are subsequently assigned to go undercover at a local high school to uncover the source of a new designer drug called HFS (“Holy Fucking Shit”). The Blu-ray features a commentary track by the cast and crew; a gag reel; “Cube-O-Rama,” a collection of outtakes with Ice Cube; five behind-the-scenes featurettes; and 20 deleted scenes. The DVD, meanwhile, pares down those special features to a commentary track, one of the featurettes and four deleted scenes.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Sterling K. Brown