- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sony Pictures unveiled a red band trailer Monday for 22 Jump Street, reteaming Tatum’s Greg Jenko and Hill’s Morton Schmidt for the action comedy.
Nick Offerman‘s Deputy Chief Hardy gets meta when he tells the crime-solving duo: “Nobody gave me a shit about the Jump Street reboot but you got lucky. So now this department has invested a lot of money to make sure Jump Street keeps going.”
The trailer sets up the new college world in which Jenko and Schmidt will find themselves as they go on a mission to look for yet another drug dealer. It also introduces their new headquarters (a group of Koreans bought back the church at 21 Jump Street, thus the address change).
Not surprisingly, things get a little rowdy (see: frat parties, lots of drinking and swearing). Jenko and Schmidt also visit their nemeses from the first movie, Dr. Walters (Rob Riggle) and Eric (Dave Franco), in jail. Things get a little too real. Watch the red band trailer above.
22 Jump Street is directed by Phil Lord and Chris Miller and also stars Ice Cube, Amber Stevens and Wyatt Russell. 22 Jump Street hits theaters June 13.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day