- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Oren Uziel has been brought on board to work on Heist, a crime movie set up at DreamWorks.
Scott Waugh, who helmed Need for Speed for the studio, is attached to direct and will produce with Steve Zaillian.
John Hlavin originated the script, which has also been worked on by Simon Beaufoy and Scott Rosenberg.
Tom Cruise previously expressed interest in the project but his current status vis-à-vis Heist is unclear. The actor has more pressing projects, such as Mission: Impossible 5 and Go Like Hell, in his orbit.
Garrett Basch of Film Rites is executive producing Heist, whose logline is kept locked in a safe.
Uziel wrote 22 Jump Street and Men in Black 4 for Sony. He also has the father-son adventure Overnight set up at Disney; Ruben Fleischer recently came on board as director.
Uziel is repped by WME, Circle of Confusion and Myman Greenspan.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day