- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Four character posters for Universal’s samurai epic 47 Ronin have been released.
The dramatic images are labeled Outcast, Warrior, Freak and Witch.
Carl Rinsch, in his feature-film debut, directed the adventure-fantasy that stars Keanu Reeves as Kai, a half-Japanese, half-British samurai who joins a group of outcast samurai to seek vengeance upon a treacherous overlord who killed their master. The film is a fictionalized account of the true forty-seven Ronin tale but will feature fantastical elements including sorcery and witches.
47 Ronin is set to be released on Christmas Day after being bumped twice by Universal. The project began filming in spring 2011.
Hiroyuki Sanada (The Wolverine), Kou Shibasaki, Tadanobu Asano (Thor) and Rinko Kikuchi (Pacific Rim) also star in the pic.
See the four new character posters below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day