- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The trailer for All Things Fall Apart starts off predictably enough. There’s Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson playing successful high school football player Deon who’s on his way to becoming a star. He can be seen running shirtless, showing off his hulking frame and muscles.
But wait! Deon is diagnosed with cancer, derailing his plans for his football career.
And then, in a surprising visual turn, a very thin Jackson appears on screen. It’s been reported that the rapper-turned-actor lost more than 50 pounds for the role. Gone with the weight seems to be his usual swagger, making Deon seem much more believable.
Directed by Mario Van Peebles and also starring Ray Liotta, All Things Fall Apart was picked up by Image Entertainment in September 2011. It premiered at the Miami International Film Festival last March.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day