- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Focus World, Focus Features’ VOD label, is partnering with Screen Media Films to handle the U.S. distribution of Rob Meyer’s A Birder’s Guide to Everything, which made its debut at the 2013 Tribeca Film Festival. Focus World and Screen Media will release the film on digital platforms and in theaters in the spring of 2014.
Kodi Smit-McPhee stars in the film, which marks Meyer’s directorial debut, as a 15-year-old birding fanatic who embarks on a road trip with a ragtag crew that includes a legendary ornithologist, played by Ben Kingsley. The film, written by Meyer and Luke Matheny, also features Katie Chang and James Le Gros.
VIDEOS: Tribeca Film Festival 2012: THR’s Red Carpet Interviews
The deal was negotiated for Screen Media by Suzanne Blech, president, and Seth Needle, director of marketing and acquisitions; for Focus by Avy Eschenasy, executive vp, strategic planning, business affairs and acquisitions, and Kent Sanderson, director, alternative content and distribution; and for the filmmakers by Cinetic Media.
Screen Media and Focus World are also partnered on U.S. distribution of Liz W. Garcia’s The Lifeguard, starring Kristen Bell, and Kyle Patrick Alvarez’s C.O.G., starring Jonathan Groff.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day