- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Michael Fassbender, coming off a strong showing in Fox’s X-Men: First Class, and Keira Knightley star in the upcoming historical drama A Dangerous Method as psychiatrist Carl Jung and Sabina Spielrein, respectively.
Set before World War I, A Dangerous Method is based on the turbulent relationships between Carl, mentor Sigmund Freud and Sabina, a troubled but beautiful women who comes between the two men.
Written by Oscar-winning writer Christopher Hampton, the David Cronenberg-directed film also stars Viggo Mortensen (Sigmund Freud), Sarah Gadon (Emma Jung) and Vincent Cassel. The screenplay was adapted from Hampton’s 2002 play The Talking Cure, which was based on the 1993 nonfiction book by John Kerr, A Most Dangerous Method.
The film is set to play at the Venice Film Festival later this year.
Check out the official trailer (above) that was just released Tuesday.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Writers Guild of America