- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Technically, A Glimpse Inside the Mind of Charles Swan III is a work of fiction, but some strategic casting suggests otherwise.
Roman Coppola‘s first directorial effort in over a decade is a loony trip through 1970’s-set hallucinations, with Charlie Sheen starring as a debauched playboy who loses his current girlfriend over some nude shots of his ex. In what must have been second nature for him, Sheen goes on a wild romp through dreams and nightmares, fueled by drugs and mojo and deep down, a sensitive side.
The film has been received with mixed sentiment from critics; THR‘s Deborah Young praised Sheen‘s “swaggering, clowning portrayal of Swan” for his “likeable moments of sheer absurd humor,” but said “the film lacks style, wit and originality.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Universal Music Group