- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Makeup Artists and Hair Stylists Guild Awards will be presented on Saturday, Feb. 20, at Paramount Studios Theatre in Los Angeles. Below is a primer on the event, and the complete list of nominees can be found here.
Mad Max: Fury Road leads the feature competition with three nominations.
The post-apocalyptic action pic was nominated in the categories of period or character hair styling, period or character makeup and special makeup effects. Earning pairs of noms in the feature categories were Brooklyn, Carol, Cinderella, The Danish Girl, Ex Machina, Furious 7 and Pitch Perfect 2.
Only one of the guild’s feature nominees, Mad Max, is also nominated for an Oscar for makeup and hair styling.
Nominated for the Oscar alongside Mad Max are The 100-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared and The Revenant.
American Horror Story: Hotel leads the TV competition.
The fifth installment of the FX horror anthology series landed a trio of nominations, plus an additional two in the commercial category.
Makeup artist Ve Neill and hair stylist Yolanda Toussieng will receive Lifetime Achievement Awards during the ceremony.
Both are Oscar and Emmy winners with credits including Mrs. Doubtfire.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day