- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
There’s more Haunted House on the way.
The sequel – with a working title of A Haunted House 2 – will be co-written by and star Marlon Wayans.
Wayans, who co-wrote the first installment with Rick Alvarez, has co-written and acted in several films including Dance Flick, White Chicks, Little Man and Scary Movie 1 and 2.
The film will be financed and produced by IM Global’s genre label Octane. Production is scheduled to take place in the summer.
A Haunted House, a parody of the found-footage genre, was directed by Michael Tiddes and hit theaters in January, opening to $19 million at the domestic box office. It has taken in more than $40 million to date.
The deal was negotiated on behalf of Open Road Films by Tom Ortenberg, Elliott Kleinberg and Ben Cotner. Larry Kopeikin and Kevin Yorn negotiated on behalf of Wayans, who also is represented by CAA and managed by Lisa Blum. Stuart Ford and Michael Roban negotiated on behalf of IM Global.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Sterling K. Brown