- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
A sequel to comedy-thriller A Simple Favor is a go at Amazon and Lionsgate. Blake Lively and Anna Kendrick are set to reprise their roles, with Paul Feig returning to the director’s chair.
Jessica Sharzer will write the sequel, having penned the 2018 movie that followed a mommy blogger (Kendrick) who tries to solve the disappearance of her new mysterious and elegant friend (Lively) from their small town. It is based on the 2017 book of the same name by Darcey Bell.
Feig and Laura Fischer will produce for Feigco Entertainment, with Sharzer to executive produce.
A Simple Favor earned $53 million at the domestic box office and an impressive $97 million at the worldwide box office.
Lively, repped by WME, Management 360 and Sloane Offer, will make her feature directorial debut with Seconds for Searchlight, based on the graphic novel by Bryan Lee O’Malley. Feig, who will next release Netflix feature The School for Good and Evil, is represented by CAA and Sloane Offer. Kendrick, represented by CAA and Range Media Partners, is set for Lionsgate feature Alice, Darling. Sharzer is represented by UTA, Kaplan/Perrone and Lichter Grossman.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day