- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The pic centers on a pious but unstable nurse, Maud, who becomes convinced that she must save the soul of her dying employer, Amanda, as signs of eternal damnation begin to present themselves in their isolated seaside town. Morfydd Clark (Love & Friendship) stars as Maud, while Tony- and BAFTA Award-winning actress Jennifer Ehle (The Miseducation of Cameron Post) plays Amanda.
Rose Glass wrote and directed the film, her feature debut. She previously made the well-regarded short Room 55.
Saint Maud engendered an enthusiastic response when it premiered at TIFF, becoming one of the favorite titles among the Hollywood executive and agent class at the fest. It next will screen at the upcoming Fantastic Fest in Austin before heading to the BFI London Film Festival.
Oliver Kassman and Andrea Cornwell produced Saint Maud, while Daniel Battsek, Sam Lavender and Mary Burke exec produced. Film4 and BFI backed the movie.
Glass is repped Casarotta Ramsey.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day