- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A24 has acquired the North American rights to The Kill Team with plans to release the film in 2019.
Written and directed by Emmy and Oscar nominee Dan Krauss, and based on his 2013 feature documentary of the same name, the film stars Nat Wolff, Alexander Skarsgard and Rob Morrow. It was produced by Adrian Guerra through Nostromo Pictures, together with Wyck Godfrey, Marty Bowen and Isaac Klausner from Temple Hill Entertainment.
The Kill Team follows a young soldier in the U.S. invasion of Afghanistan who witnesses other recruits killing innocent civilians and considers reporting them to higher-ups as the heavily armed, increasingly violent platoon becomes suspicious that someone in their ranks has turned on them.
Nostromo’s Nuria Valls and Miguel Angel Faura are executive producers; Ben Smith from Temple Hill is co-producer.
UTA Independent Film Group and CAA Media Finance represented the deal on behalf of the filmmakers. Cornerstone is selling international rights.
Krauss is represented at UTA, his manager is at Grandview, and attorneys at Lichter Grossman Nichols & Adler.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day