- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
A24 is teaming with David Goyer and his production company Phantom Four for an elevated horror story.
Marc Munden, the British director behind the Utopia TV series, will helm the project. The plot is being kept under wraps but it is described as a high-concept original idea with a unique setting.
Writing team Ben Collins and Luke Piotrowski will write the script.
Goyer and Phantom Four president Kevin Turen will produce, alongside A24 and Eva Maria Daniels of VisionChaos Productions.
“We’re incredibly excited to be a part of this special film,” says Goyer. “Marc’s helming of Utopia was hands down among the most impressive directing pieces I’ve seen in quite some time. As for A24, when I realized that several of my favorite films over the last few years were housed under one roof, I knew I had to be in business with them. We’re honored to be working together with Marc and A24, and look forward to making something great.”
Munden is a prolific TV director, having helmed episodes of TV series The Crimson Petal and The White and the British series Utopia. He is also slated to direct the sci-fi thriller script Aether for FilmNation. He’s repped by WME.
Collins and Piotrowski wrote the script for Akiva Goldsman’s Stephanie, currently in postproduction at Universal. They are also developing an adaptation of the supernatural novel Head Full of Ghosts for Focus Features and Team Downey.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day