- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The characters — the subjects of Aardman stories including the Oscar-winning shorts A Close Shave and The Wrong Trousers, as well as the Oscar-winning animated feature The Curse of the Were-Rabbit — were created by the studio’s Nick Park, who is currently directing Aardman’s upcoming cavemen feature Early Man.
“When Nick’s not drawing cavemen, he’s drawing Wallace & Gromit,” Lord said Thursday during a session at VFX and animation confab FMX in Stuttgart, Germany. “I absolutely assume he will do another, but not a feature. I think he found it was too much. I think he liked the half-hour format.”
Slated to open Jan. 31, 2018, in the U.K., Early Man follows a tribe of cavemen and features the voice talent of Eddie Redmayne, Tom Hiddleston, Maisie Wiliams and Timothy Spall.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day