- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
In the episode, Liz Lemon (Tina Fey) learns her series TGS is going on a forced hiatus while Tracy Jordan (Tracy Morgan) is in Africa. So she begins looking for another job, and runs into Aaron Sorkin at a meeting to write for NBC’s music competition The Sing-Off.
“Do I know you?” Fey asks Sorkin.
“You know my work. Walk with me,” says Sorkin, who is famous for his walk and talks in all his shows, like The West Wing. He then begins ticking off his projects, including The Social Network.
“Studio 60?” asks Fey, referring to his short-lived show that was constantly compared to 30 Rock. “Shut up,” says Sorkin.
“Do you know Nick Lachey?” he goes on, referring to The Sing-Off‘s host. “He doesn’t even let you sit in the meeting. He just screams at you to see how you react.”
“Of course, you gotta’ take work where you can find it, especially now,” Sorkin goes on. “Our craft is dying while people are playing Angry Birds and poking each other on Facebook. What is poking anyway? Why won’t anyone do it to me? I’m cool.”
Sorkin and Fey then make a couple of jokes about how outdated writers are. Watch above.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day