- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
American Cinema Editors has moved the 72nd annual ACE Eddie Awards from Feb. 26 to March 5, and it will now be held at the Theater at the ACE Hotel in downtown Los Angeles, with an afterparty at the historic Clifton’s Republic. The event will additionally have reduced capacity due to the omicron surge.
“We are thrilled to be partnering with the Theater at the ACE Hotel for the 72nd annual ACE Eddie Awards, with added safety precautions due to the recent spike of COVID numbers,” said ACE executive director Jenni McCormick. “We are planning for a 50 percent capacity in-person event, as the safety of all attendees is of the utmost importance to us. We are monitoring the situation and should we deem it necessary, we are prepared to make the Eddies completely virtual this year.”
Acknowledging that March 5 is also the date of the Art Directors Guild Awards, she added, “We are also working alongside our counterparts at the Art Directors Guild to avoid any overlap in our ceremonies.”
Submissions for the Eddies are now open and close Jan. 10. Nominations are scheduled to be announced Jan. 27.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day