- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Armand Assante has joined the cast of hyperviolent gangster epic Darc.
Assante, who won an Emmy Award for his role as John Gotti in the made-for-television film Gotti, will portray an agent who makes it his mission to seek revenge on the Yakuza after they kidnap the daughter of an Interpol agent. He solicits the services of a violent criminal — to be played by the film’s writer, Tony Schiena, an expert for counter-terrorism training and defensive tactics for Special Forces operators.
“There has been a tremendous void in martial arts action films which are always driven by unique and powerful action fight scenes,” said producer Julius Nasso, who considers Schiena his protege. “Schiena fills that void and lends credibility and originality to a genre that has been lacking a star for quite some time.”
Nick Powell, whose credits include stunt work on well-known films such as Braveheart, Bourne Identity and Cinderella Man, will direct the project. Several notable Japanese actors and actresses, including Tetsu Watanabe, Kippei Shiina and Sho Ikushima, have also joined the cast.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day