- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
As part of the settlement, Reed is to gain three houses, three cars and a dog — a German Shepherd named Enzo — following the end of their two-and-a-half-year marriage. McDonald, on the other hand, receives the one-time couple’s Nashville home.
Reed and McDonald met at a movie premiere while he was competing on season 10 of American Idol and married in 2011. A year later, the couple released an EP of duets, entitled The Best Part, which peaked at No. 28 on Billboard’s Heatseekers chart and No. 25 on the Top Folk Albums tally.
The husband and wife duo also appeared on the chart-topping soundtrack to The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2, in which Reed portrayed the vampire Rosalie Hale.
The couple announced their separation at the start of last year citing irreconcilable differences, but carried on working together, releasing their full-length debut I’m Not Falling in summer 2014. At the time, both parties were insistent that they would continue making music together, although that now appears unlikely.
McDonald is currently working on his Kickstarter-funded debut solo album. Watch the video for the first single, “Bright Lights,” below.
This article originally appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day