- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The cause of death for Bartusiak, who was found dead in her Texas home, was unknown until last week, when according to records online, the primary cause was reported as the combined toxic effects of hydrocodone and and difluoroethane with carisoprodol. Her death was characterized as an accident, according to the Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences.
See more Hollywood’s Notable Deaths of 2014
TMZ, which first reported on Bartusiak’s cause of death, claims that difluoroethane can be huffed to get high. Carisoprodol is a muscle relaxant.
Bartusiak was 7 years old when The Patriot was released in 2000. She went on to have roles in The Cider House Rules and Fox’s 24 among other TV, movie and stage productions.
Bartusiak’s manager told The Hollywood Reporter in July, “We are all shocked and heartbroken over Skye’s passing. Aside from being incredibly talented, Skye was a beautiful and loving person who will be greatly missed. We ask everybody to respect the family’s privacy during this most difficult time of grieving.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day