- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Adam Brody and Amanda Crew will star in The Wanting.
Yam Laranas will direct the psychological thriller from an adapted screenplay by Donald Martin. Rob Heydon is producing, with Sid Ganis and Joni Sighvatsson as executive producers. The film began principal photography in and around Toronto in late September.
Based on a short story by Laranas and Gin de Mesa, The Wanting follows an all-American couple whose dream of starting a family is shattered after they move into the perfect New England neighborhood. Once settled, they soon after descend into the depths of terror as they struggle to survive a genuine threat from a dark presence that appears to want to end their lives.
Brody currently stars in the Sony Crackle series StartUp and will appear in Warner Bros.’ CHiPs. He is repped by UTA.
Crew co-stars in the HBO series Silicon Valley and has appeared in the films Charlie St. Cloud, Sex Drive and The Age of Adaline. She is repped by UTA, Play Management, and Hansen Jacobson.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day