- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A version of this story first appeared in the August 7 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine. To receive the magazine, click here to subscribe.
Pixels, which opened July 24 to a soft $24 million in North America, features not one, but five Sandlers. Adam Sandler stars in the Sony comedy as a man tasked with fighting off video game alien invaders. As he does in many of his films, Sandler, also a producer, has gotten small roles for his wife, Jackie, and his children, Sadie and Sunny.
The final Sandler in the mix is nephew Jared, who plays a White House aide.
Sources say Jared, 22, who graduated from USC’s School of Dramatic Arts in May, plans to follow in his uncle’s footsteps with an acting career. He already has a head start: Starting with 1999’s Big Daddy, he has appeared in eight movies produced by or starring Sandler. Plus, Uncle Adam also helped Jared sign with his agent, Adam Venit, at WME (Jared since has moved to the Gallagher Stewart Agency).
Jared also shot a role in Sandler’s first Netflix film, The Ridiculous 6, and is shooting the second, The Do Over. Branching out beyond the Sandler kingdom, Jared appeared as “Student #2” in the Jack Black starrer Goosebumps.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day