- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
In the drama, Sandler will play an American basketball scout who is unjustly fired after discovering a once-in-a-lifetime player abroad. He then decides to bring the player to the U.S. to prove that they both have what it takes to make it in the NBA.
Taylor Materne and Will Fetters penned the script. Happy Madison, Roth/Kirschenbaum Films and James and Maverick Carter’s SpringHill Entertainment will produce the pic.
The latest collaboration between Netflix and Sandler follows the streaming giant extending its partnership with the actor and his Happy Madison Productions by committing to produce four more films that will be distributed exclusively on the platform.
Sandler recently found box office success in Josh and Benny Safdie’s Uncut Gems, an indie crime-thriller centering on a New York jeweler and gambling addict who must track down an expensive gem in order to pay off his debts.
Sandler and Netflix also partnered on the upcoming family film Hubie Halloween, in which Sandler stars alongside Kevin James, Ray Liotta, Maya Rudolph and Shaquille O’Neal.
Sandler, James and SpringHill Entertainment are repped by WME. Zagar is repped by WME and Untitled Entertainment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day