- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Here comes the bride.
Adria Arjona is joining Andy Garcia in Warner Bros.’ remake of Father of the Bride.
Gaz Alazraki, who helmed Club de Cuervos, has been tapped to direct the feature, which is being produced by Dede Gardner and Jeremy Kleiner of Plan B, the banner behind Oscar-nominated drama Minari.
Like previous iterations of Bride, which includes a Spencer Tracy-fronted 1950 movie and the Steve Martin-starring 1991 feature, the latest remake will center on the father of a soon-to-be bride (Garcia) coming to terms with his daughter’s nuptials. The latest take, however, will be told through the relationships in a big, sprawling Cuban American family.
Arjona will play the bride. Kimberly Williams-Paisley played the part in the Martin version while Elizabeth Taylor played the role in the 1950 film.
Matt Lopez wrote the script.
Arjona, who was born in Puerto Rico, has appeared in movies such as Triple Frontier and 6 Underground. She is one of the leads in Sony’s upcoming Spider-Man-centric movie Morbius, along with Jared Leto, and is due to co-star with Diego Luna in the Star Wars series Andor.
Arjona is repped by CAA and Anonymous Content.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day