- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
This hot exclusive from our sister site, THR Esq:
Brody has sued for $3 million and is attempting to stop the film’s release, not because the film bombed with critics or never got released theatrically in the U.S. (although that may be true as well), but rather because he alleges that producers lied to him in order to stop him from walking off the set.
The Oscar-winning actor allegedly signed a “pay or play” deal to star in “Giallo,” directed by Italian horror king Dario Argento. About a week into production, Brody says he discovered the film was underfunded and that producers had failed to pay $640,000 into an escrow account.
Brody was prepared to walk, but was allegedly told that the film had new guaranteed funding lined up from a $2 million sale of Italian distribution rights. Producers allegedly asked Brody to sign a new agreement whereby he would continue to act and temporarily defer his $640,000 in exchange for having the “absolute right to withhold consent to the use of his likeness in the Picture” until he was paid in full.
Read more here.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day