- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Moore’s documentary, which premiered at the Toronto Internal Film Festival, will screen on Nov. 7 at the Lloyd E. Rigler Theatre. The mining drama starring Antonio Banderas will screen on Nov. 9 at the TCL Chinese Theatre.
In addition to the added centerpiece screenings, the festival has announced seven special screenings, including Charlie Kaufman‘s animation, Anomalisa; the sci-fi comedy, The Lobster; and Werner Herzog‘s Queen of the Desert.
Also running as special screenings are the late-in-life romantic drama 45 Years, Cate Blanchett‘s LGBT drama Carol, Ewan McGregor‘s biblical tale Last Days in the Desert, and the latest cinematic adaptation of Macbeth, starring Michael Fassbender.
Will Smith‘s NFL drama Concussion was previously announced as a centerpiece screening. Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt‘s romance By the Sea and the world premiere of Adam McKay‘s The Big Short will act as the festival’s opening and closing night gala screenings.
The AFI Fest will take place from Nov. 5 to Nov. 12
The complete schedule of films and tickets can be found here.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Universal Music Group