- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sacha Gervasi’s Hitchcock will make its world premiere on Nov. 1 as the opening-night film of the AFI Fest 2012.
The Fox Searchlight film, headlining Anthony Hopkins as iconic filmmaker Alfred Hitchcock, is based on Stephen Rebello’s book Alfred Hitchcock and the Making of Psycho and stars Helen Mirren as Hitchcock’s wife Alma Reville and Scarlett Johansson as Janet Leigh and James D’Arcy as Anthony Perkins.
Searchlight announced earlier this month that it will open Hitchcock in theaters on Nov. 23, in time for awards consideration. The movie’s high-profile cast also includes Jessica Biel, Toni Collette, Danny Huston and Michael Stuhlbarg.
John J. McLaughlin wrote the adapted screenplay. Ivan Reitman, Tom Pollock and Joe Medjuck of the Montecito Picture Company produced alongside Tom Thayer and Alan Barnette.
“AFI’s history with Aflred Hitchcock is a proud one, from a master seminar at the AFI Conservatory in 1970 to his receiving the AFI Lifetime Achievement Award in 1979,” said AFI president-CEO Bob Gazzale.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day