- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Myriad Pictures has signed with Asia Digital Entertainment to distribute the action thriller A Common Man, starring Ben Kingsley and Ben Cross.
Set in Colombo, Sri Lanka, the feature stars Kingsley has a man who has planted five bombs throughout the city that will explode unless four terrorists are released from prison. Cross is a member of the police department trying to counter the threat.
Chandran Rutnam (The Road to Elephant Pass) directed the feature, which recently completed production.
A production of Asia Digital Entertainment, the film was produced by Manohan Nanayakkara, B.S. Radha Krishnan and Rutnam. Executive producers are Paul Mason and Jon Sheinberg. The deal with Myriad was arranged by Mason and The Movie Machine’s Sheinberg.
Myriad CEO Kirk D’Amico, who is settling the title at the AFM, said, “Ben Kingsley is a very big star internationally and the film has the right components buyers look for – a big star with a lot of action. We’re excited to be handling the film for Paul and his team.”
Kingsley, repped by CAA and ITA, will be seen in the upcoming Hugo. Cross, repped by manager Jeff Golberg, recently co-starred with John Cusack in War, Inc.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day