- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Hannibal Classics said Wednesday that Michael Katleman will direct the action film Red Squad based on a script by Jorge Suarez.
Production will begin in the first quarter of 2012. The film follows a secret team of mercenaries hired to descend on a Mexican border town and eliminate a drug cartel.
Katleman’s feature directorial debut was Touchstone Pictures release Primeval with Orlando Jones. His TV credits include ABC’s The River and CW’s Vampire Diaries.
Richard Rionda Del Castro will produce. Patricia Eberle, Doug Miller, Jeff Andrick, Martin Barab, Yasmine Brito and Suarez will executive produce.
“Red Squad is the type of action film the market is craving right now, a modern day ‘Magnificent Seven,’” said Del Castro. “We love the timely subject matter and the non-stop action of Jorge’s script and are very excited to be working with Michael Katleman, a director whose energy and passion for the project instantly won us over.”
The film is financed by London Pacific Finance and Hannibal Classics, which is handling worldwide sales.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day