- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NEW YORK – Wild Bunch has picked up international rights to Geoffrey Fletcher’s (Precious) directorial debut Violet & Daisy and will sell international rights at AFM, which kicked off Wednesday in Santa Monica.
??The film, starring Saoirse Ronan, Alexis Bledel and James Gandolfini, screened at the 2011 Toronto International Film Festival as a work-in-progress.
??Wild Bunch didn’t say if the company might distribute the film itself in certain international territories.??
CAA is the domestic sales agent on the project about two teenagers’ surreal and violent journey through New York City. Ronan (Hanna, Atonement, The Lovely Bones) plays Daisy who with her volatile partner-in-crime Violet, played by Bledel (Sin City, The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, Gilmore Girls), forms a duo of young assassins who face a series of opponents.??
Fletcher wrote the original screenplay and produced along with Bonnie Timmermann. The Magic Violet and GreeneStreet Films production was executive produced by John Penotti and James Skotchdople.??
Said Vincent Maraval of Wild Bunch: “We fell in love with Violet & Daisy when it screened as a work-in-progress at Toronto. The film is so unusual and unique and we’re excited to be a part of it.”