- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jeremy Renner and Julianne Moore will star opposite Al Pacino in Imagine for Inimitable Pictures and Mister Smith Entertainment.
The film, set to begin principal photography in Spring 2013, marks writer Dan Fogelman‘s directorial debut, and will be shopped to foreign buyers at the upcoming American Film Market by Mister Smith.
From a script by Fogelman, Imagine stars Pacino as aging 1970s rocker Danny Collins, who can’t give up his hard living ways. But when he discovers an undelivered letter written to him when he was 19 by John Lennon, he straightens his life out and reconnects with the son he’s never known (Renner). Moore plays the owner of the small New Jersey hotel where he takes up residence.
Denise DiNovi and Nimitt Mankad are producing, while Shivani Rawat is executive producer.
WME Global played a key role in orchestrating the deal with David Garrett’s Mister Smith and will rep domestic rights.
Imagine was originally set up at Warner Bros. with Steve Carell attached to star. Now, it is being financed independently by Mankad and Rawat’s Inimitable Pictures through a film fund backed by 5 Hour Energy’s Manoj Bhargava.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day