- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
SANTA MONICA – Karl Urban (Star Trek) and Willow Shields (The Hunger Games) have signed up to headline The Wonder, a family-oriented 3D action adventure film which Mighty Joe Young director Ron Underwood will helm. Chinese actor Leehom Wang (Lust, Caution) will also star, with another major Chinese actor to be added to the cast soon.
The film’s plot focuses on 14-year-old Rachel (Shields) who, together with two of her classmates, find the end of a rainbow which, magically, transports them to China. There, they find themselves pursued by local authorities and a mysterious organisation. With unexpected help from Consul William Stanley (Urban), the kids are able to elude their chasers but soon discover that their journey has triggered a major natural disaster. Together with their new friend Cheng (Wang), they find their way back home but still need to race against time to stop the global catastrophe.
Hyde Park International is pitching the 3D feature to buyers at AFM.
Robert Sidaway, Iain Brown, Steve Sachs and Chun-Yi Yueh are producing. James M. Vernon of Media Funds Management and Hyde Park’s Ashok Amitraj will executive produce. Pixomondo, VFX Oscar winner for Hugo, will handle special effects for The Wonder.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Red Sea Film Festival